Sunday, November 3, 2013

Technology Configurations

edu641 mod6

We were asked to come up with five activities and look at how they would fit into five different classroom technology configurations, noting issues that may be voiced by the classroom teacher and come up with solutions to those issues. 

I chose to use VoiceThread to present my issues, rather than writing them out as that seemed like it would be just a bunch of boring text.  I also wanted to try using VoiceThread again.  You can also comment using a microphone, phone or webcam or typing in text on the slide margins.  

I created my slides on the activities on Google Presentations, thinking I could import them into VoiceThread, although I found that VoiceThread didn't talk to Google!  So I downloaded the Google Presentation to PowerPoint and then uploaded that to VoiceThread.  

So here is the VoiceThread

And here is a link to my  VoiceThread, in case the embedded file doesn't work, or if you want to see it in full screen.

Also here is a link to my Google Presentation, so that you can access the links to the lesson plans.  However this presentation only has the activities slides, it does not include the discussion on the issues. That is in the VoiceThread.  Hope you find this interesting.



2 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    I used to love Voicethread - but found it got really clunky when I had 20 kids in a class working on it. We just got an updated network, so I wonder if it would be any better. I also hadn't thought about it for a presentation for adults. Thanks for your ideas, I always appreciate the resources you present!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea to use voicethread! Love it. I had heard it was going to change to a subscription but I think the individual accounts are still free. Great ideas here and many different solutions, etc.

    ReplyDelete