Sunday, November 3, 2013

Realtime Board



Mike,

It was bugging me that you couldn't make the board flow, like in Prezi.  So I was playing with it and I found that you can, by taking snapshots of each slide by zooming in and using the camera icon.  Click on the movie screen button and the other buttons will appear below it.  You have to drag and zoom in on each slide then shoot by clicking the camera. Then you will see a number on each shot. See diagram below.  The arrow to the right of the camera takes you to full screen and you will see the advance slide buttons at the bottom of the screen, or you can test it using the left and right arrows to the left of the camera.

I am not sure what the purpose of the gray arrows are for, which I got by clicking on the diagram button next to the undo button at the bottom of the screen, unless they are just for planning?







Here's the resulting slideshow.  It is just a test so I didn't do all of the slides. Hope this helps.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Cindy. I was also wondering how to do this. I watched some of the demos, and I thought this was only available for paid users. This makes this tool much more useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the demo isn't very informative. I just got lucky clicking on things until I found it. Glad I could help!

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I'm Anna from RealtimeBoard. If you need any help with the service, you can always drop us a line at feedback@realtimeboard.com. We'll be happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    I see from your demo that you are participating in the hour of coding. I don't know much of the details, but know that we are also participating. My TI has already asked me to choose a few of our middle school kids who really got into the Scratch projects so they can go down to the elementary school and help.
    Thanks,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to set this up at school for a day. We do fun Friday activities once a month and I convinced the school to do this for December's Fun Friday. Watch this video to see what it's all about. They have some tutorials that are even easier than Scratch.

      I also found an iPad app called Fix the Factory, that is tied to Lego Mindstorms, but it is an easy game that starts out easy and then gets more complex. It was so fun I put it on my phone. Kind of like Angry Birds, it's addictive.

      Delete
    2. Oops, meant to attach this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfZrX5YDltU

      Delete